Last year, Farm Bill 2018 was signed in the US, fully legalizing industrial hemp. Now, CBD is set as a natural alternative treatment to anxiety and stress, as well as other debilitating medical conditions.
CBD products, like CBD syrup, are believed to be effective in calming the senses and improving the mood of a person who is experiencing stress, anxiety, and even panic attacks. In this post, you’ll learn how CBD can reduce stress and anxiety, so you’ll be guided accordingly about CBD intake.
Studies Show That CBD Can Reduce Signs and Symptoms of Anxiety
Cannabidiol or CBD is a compound derived from hemp or cannabis plants that can reduce the signs and symptoms of anxiety without serious side effects. CBD can also help treat other medical conditions, like seizures, epilepsy, and chronic pain.
According to various studies, CBD oil can help people with stress and anxiety, helping them improve their quality of life.
Here are the details of the studies that discuss CBD and anxiety:
- In 2010, a study showed that CBD could reduce social anxiety symptoms among patients who are suffering from social anxiety disorder (SAD). The participants’ brain scans revealed blood flow changes to the brain regions linked to feelings of stress and anxiety. Cannabidiol or CBD changed the way participants responded to anxiety, making them feel better and more positive.
- In a 2011 study, it was found that CBD could reduce or manage social anxiety associated with public speaking.
- In a 2014 research, it showed that CBD oil had antidepressant and anti-anxiety effects in animal models.
- In 2015, there was an analysis made of previous studies that concluded CBD oil is considered a promising natural treatment for different types of anxiety, such as generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Adding CBD Syrup to Your Diet Promotes Calmness
Vaping CBD is generally safe and takes effect within minutes, but it does not last long. On the other hand, CBD oil is effective in treating anxiety, and it’s best taken under the tongue or via the sublingual route. This way, cannabidiol enters the system and takes effect after about 20 minutes, which is shorter compared to up to two hours for a capsule, edible, or any other form of oral CBD intake, like adding CBD syrup to your food and drinks.
CBD syrup is composed of white sugar and water. It is a liquid sweetener that needs time and heat to be effective. CBD Syrup is usually infused with melatonin or a natural sleep-inducing body hormone. CBD promotes calmness and can support a night of restful sleep. Full-spectrum CBD products contain a trace amount of THC or about 0.3 percent, which doesn’t induce any feelings of being “high” or psychoactive effects.
Here are some tips when making CBD syrup:
- The best ingredients to use when making CBD syrup include a cup of water, a cup of local honey, 1,000 milligrams of CBD oil, and one small ginger for a mild flavor.
- In a saucepan, combine water and honey, and add medium-sized ginger pieces, bringing it to a simmer. Simmer and stir periodically for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Let the CBD syrup cool and shake well before you use it to achieve the most consistent results.
- For a boost, you can add 1 to 3 tablespoons of CBD syrup to your coffee, lime juice, or any refreshing beverage. You can also add CBD syrup to your favorite food or drinks, like pastries, ice cream, or smoothies, so you can take advantage of its health benefits, like reduced stress and anxiety.
CBD Syrup Affects Happy Hormones, Reducing Anxiety and Stress
CBD syrup, like any other CBD product, can increase the brain’s serotonin supply or happy hormones, affecting the hot chemical receptors in the brain to respond to this hormone. High levels of serotonin promote positive thinking or optimism, improved mood, and self-confidence. This is why CBD can be an effective treatment for anxiety and depression, and even helps reduce the signs and symptoms or damaging effects of schizophrenia and obsessive-compulsive behavior.
Because anxiety and depression can significantly affect a person’s health, career, social life, and overall well-being, experts and healthcare providers now see the importance of finding alternative treatments for these mental health conditions.
Cannabidiol or CBD syrup has many uses and therapeutic benefits like CBD oil. You can combine it with your food and drinks anytime and anywhere to help reduce stress, anxiety, and even panic. CBD syrup is a natural and effective way to combat the damaging effects of stress and anxiety, like depression and even suicidal tendencies.