CBD oil has continually become a controversial wellness product on the market these days. Because of its so-called benefits to one’s health and well-being, it has been the talk of the town for quite some time now. However, due to its popularity, CBD oil is usually interchanged with hemp oil. And the fact of the matter is – these two products are different from each other.
If you keep on using these two products, interchangeably, continue reading this article to better understand the differences and benefits of hemp oil and CBD oil.
Hemp Oil: What Is It?
In reality, hemp oil or cannabis Sativa seed oil has been available in the market for years. It’s a
type of oil extracted from hemp seeds. Rich in amino acids, Omega-3, and other nutrients, hemp seed oil can be found not just in food but also in cosmetics products, including soaps, lotions, skincare, cooking oil, and many more.
Moreover, the hemp seed oil is produced by the process called cold pressing, and unlike other products, it doesn’t have cannabinoids like THC or CBD.
CBD Oil: What Is It?
CBD (cannabidiol) oil is a wellness product that’s used as an alternative to traditional medicine. Also known as CBD hemp oil, it comes from the flowers, leaves, and stalks of the cannabis plant using an ethanol extraction process.
Also, CBD extracted from hemp doesn’t have a psychoactive effect since the hemp strain of the cannabis plant has low THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) levels. For instance, CBD oil can be found in lotions, edibles, tea bags, and even vape juices.
Hemp Oil And CBD Oil: What Are The Differences?
Typically, CBD oil and hemp oil come from the same plant. However, it doesn’t mean they are the same as each other. Below are the differences between hemp oil and CBD oil:
- Hemp oil usually serves as a culinary ingredient, whereas the CBD oil serves as a source of cannabinoids.
- Hemp oil doesn’t contain levels of cannabinoids, which is used as a CBD supplement, whereas CBD oil comes with substantial cannabinoids levels.
- The extraction process of Hemp oil is much easier than that of the CBD oil.
- Hemp oil is usually mixed into foods and cosmetics products, whereas the CBD oil is typically helpful for people who want to lose weight and become healthy since it’s used as a dietary supplement.
By now, you already familiarize yourself with the differences between hemp oil and CBD oil. Thus, use that knowledge above to help you determine the products you’re looking for. Their differences will tell you how to evaluate CBD oil products for your needs.
If you want to be sure about your research, there are reliable online stores that provide valuable information comparing hemp vs CBD.
Hemp Oil And CBD Oil: What Are Their Benefits?
Just like any other type of oil, both hemp oil and CBD oil comes with great health benefits. Despite their differences, they can be a powerful source of several nutrients that are good for your body.
Below are the benefits of hemp oil and CBD oil:
- Since hemp oil contains Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids, consuming them may prevent coronary heart disease, risk of cancer, and inflammation.
- The fatty acids found in hemp oil provides excellent nutrition for your brain health.
- It has been tagged as a superfood because of the valuable nutrients one can get from it. It can be used to make your salad a super healthy dish to eat.
- It’s also rich in antioxidant properties that help support healthy hair, skin, and nails.
- Since it’s usually used as a moisturizer, hemp oil can significantly reduce dryness of skin over some time.
- As mentioned, hemp oil contains Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, which can help alleviate a person’s level of anxiety.
- Using CBD oil can help you sleep better since it has properties that support healthy sleep cycles.
- It contains anti-inflammatory properties, which can help treat acne, one of the most common skin conditions that most people experience.
- It can also be useful in treating reducing inflammation after a workout.
- It can also be used as a substance abuse treatment, particularly to lower morphine dependence.
- Known as a relaxing agent, CBD oil, when used, has the ability to clear your mind, reduce anxiety, ease your heart rate, and help regain control and focus.
- Pet owners can also use CBD oil when dealing with their pet’s anxiety and making them stronger.
- People with epilepsy also use CBD oil to reduce seizure attacks.
With all the information discussed above, it’s clear that both hemp oil and CBD oil are gaining popularity in the healthcare and food industry. Because of their underlying differences, you should be cautious in getting the product that works best for you.
Above all, be an educated consumer when choosing between hemp oil and CBD oil. That way, you’ll get the most out of the bottle you’re paying for.