The term CBD or cannabidiol has been on everyone’s lips when products containing it came to the market. Initially, it was used to calm the brain activity of people with epilepsy, specifically Dravet syndrome. Now, oils and vapors of this extract have become prevalent for cures, from anxiety and insomnia to acne.
The primary advantage of CBD over other similar products is that it provides relaxing effects without the high. This is because of the absence of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, which is known as the chemical component that makes marijuana psychoactive.
If you’re thinking about trying it out, here’s how the best CBD is revolutionizing the health and beauty industry:
1. Cure to Epilepsy
Rare forms of epilepsy, such as Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS), typically do not respond well with anti-seizure medications. In 2013, parents of a child with Dravet syndrome witnessed a reduction in the number of epileptic seizures that their daughter goes through in a day when they gave her one dose of medical CBD. This was after they tried all types of epileptic treatment to no avail.
Now, using refined quality CBD oil has become a go-to cure for people with epilepsy, especially for children. This is primarily due to its organic nature being perceived as better for their bodies rather than ingesting synthetic drugs.
2. Treat Chronic Pain
If you suffer from chronic or long-term pain, CBD has been found to relax the muscles and reduce your perception of pain. Whether the pain you feel as the direct result of an injury or an ongoing illness, you can try out this miracle cure if nothing has been effective in alleviating the symptoms you feel.
One study done on rats found that CBD soothes inflammation and pain without side effects. This is a significant benefit since most medications for chronic pain can lead to unpleasant effects like constipation, nausea, drowsiness, and breathing difficulties.
These are the typical pain medications and their corresponding side effects:
- Aspirin – While this is the most common painkiller in the market today, taking aspirin for a prolonged period can cause bleeding in the stomach in severe cases due to ulcer formations. Moreover, you also put your kidneys at risk.
- Ibuprofen – Similar to aspirins, ibuprofens can harm your stomach and kidneys when you overdose or take it for the long-term. One primary advantage it has over the former is that it’s digested and leaves the body quickly, which lessens the likelihood of developing side effects.
- Acetaminophen – Unlike the first two painkillers, acetaminophens are kind to your stomach. However, ingesting too much or drinking alcohol with it can lead to liver damage. Always follow the dosage instructions as prescribed by your doctor.
- Opioids – Opioids are powerful prescription painkillers that restrict nerve signals from sending feelings of pain to the central nervous system. This medication is typically prescribed to patients who’ve undergone recent surgery, injury, or those with cancer. Its side effects include constipation, dizziness, nausea, itching, depression, and even drug addiction or dependence.
3. Reduce Anxiety and Depression
A lot of people ingest CBD to help calm their nerves. The chemical component has been found to alleviate anxious feelings by targeting receptors and brain parts that manage panic attacks, such as the hippocampus and endocannabinoid system.
CBD’s effectiveness in attenuating anxiety and depression has been linked to its ability to tap on the brain’s receptors for serotonin. This neurotransmitter is known for contributing to feelings of happiness and well-being. It’s also involved in cognition, learning, and memory, among other physiological processes.
4. Heal Acne
A significant factor in the presence of acne is inflammation. Because CBD has anti-inflammatory and analgesic or pain-killing properties, it can help you achieve clear skin organically. It helps regulate the sebaceous glands’ oil production, thus suppressing breakouts.
One of its main benefits for skincare is that it’s non-steroidal. This means that it can control inflammation and oil production, which are two of the greatest enemies of acne-prone people.
The current go-to chemical for this type of problem is retinoids, which makes the skin go through retinization. The process means that you have to suffer through redness, dryness, and peeling before clearing up the skin.
CBD is revolutionizing the health and beauty industry by providing an organic alternative for problems typically solved by synthetic drugs, which may cause adverse side effects to the human body. The chemical component has been known to cure epilepsy, treat chronic pain, reduce anxiety and depression, and even heal acne.