Most students find preventing back pain quite troublesome and often misjudge the circumstances that have caused it. They often blame various factors such as sugar levels, but sometimes it is caused by seating and the lack of exercises. We understand the need to educate on the means of preventing back injuries, and the ways to prevent back pain and give an insight on how to better prevent and control these instances through this article.
Back pains, if not given proper attention, can result in back injuries, which can be very detrimental in the long term. We suggest taking the following actions if you find yourself experience back pains or looking prevent experiencing such.
Crunches are at the top of our list of exercises to prevent back pain. They allow a much-needed stretch of the spine and stomach muscles resulting in building strength in both your lower back and stomach muscles.
How to do them?
Like all exercises, you get the intended results only when you properly do them and crunches are no exception.
To get the most out of your crunches, you should:
- Lie backward on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Cross your arms and positioning on your chest or lock-in your fingers behind your head and raise your shoulders from the floor while keeping your stomach muscles tightened.
- Control your breathing by breathing out on raising your shoulders upwards without the assistance of your arms if they are positioned behind your head.
- Delay for about a second and then lower your back down to the floor.
- Repeat with target numbers and sets while ensuring you follow the routine and rest accordingly.
Press up back extension
Students in Canada, as well as other countries, are often exposed to back pain due to long hours required for doing assignments, lectures, writing an essay, thereby leaving little room to carry out workouts in the process. Writing tasks especially need a lot of research and typing to be done, and can often be considered quite an essential contributing factor to back pains, leading to most students with the consideration to find essay writers and pay for essay to handle such tasks. They look for reliable custom essay writing service and essay writing service Canada to pay someone to write essay. Why should one pay, you may ask? For essay to be of high quality, a person must have time and enough strength to write something. However, if one suffers from pain, no proper research will be done.
However, here is an exercise that will help you to dull pain at least for an hour or two. Pushups are a natural and easy means to cure backache due to them involving a plethora of upper body muscles. Press up back extension is one of the many variations of this exercise being an excellent treatment for back pains. They are relatively easy to do and help you relax well enough.
This exercise also works great for your core when done correctly.
How you do them:
- First, you lie on your stomach with your hand facing forward with your elbows placed below your shoulders.
- Apply pressure on your hands so that your shoulders begin to lift away from the floor.
- Repeat accordingly.
Hamstring stretches are so good that they are even an essential exercise for athletes. They relieve the back leg muscles that support the lower spine of tension.
They can be done with the aid of a yoga strap, piece of cloth, belt, towel, or any thick cloth, and if you have someone else present like say a roommate, then they can assist you.
How it’s done:
With a towel or piece of cloth:
- Lie on your back with a knee bent.
- Hold both ends of the cloth with your hands while placing it beneath your foot.
- Pull back the cloth to support you lifting your leg upright in a straight ward manner.
- Hold that position and do a count down.
- Do the same for the second leg.
With the assistance of a roommate or any individual:
- Lie on your back and hand the person lift a foot upward.
- They can support the foot with their body to ensure there’s enough stretch on the muscles.
- Carryout a count down and repeat for both legs
An easy way to confirm if you are doing this exercise right is that you are supposed to feel your muscles stretch when doing it.
Wall sits are the first choice suggestion when it comes to exercises for the lower back and can be done anywhere where there is a wall. This is especially helpful after long hours of seating or doing a lot of coursework, but CustomEssayMeister is here to help you to avoid homework meltdown.
It is done by:
- Standing a few inches away from a wall with your back facing the wall and leaning backward on it.
- Then proceed to slide your back down the wall slowly until your knees are bent slightly while still pressing your back against the wall.
- Ensure you maintain the position while counting down and then slide back up and then do the same again intermittently.
Your physical state is a factor that shouldn’t be taken carelessly. No matter what situation you find yourself in, it is better when you engage in exercises as they give your body the much-needed relaxation and improve your overall productivity. We understand that schoolwork can be a little demanding but consider doing the workouts listed above as they prevent the possibilities of nagging back pains.