Crystal healing is one of the fastest ways to overcome a creative block. By re-balancing the body’s energy centers, crystals allow your creative energy to flow freely. They can also give you the energy, focus, and motivation required to persevere with a creative project.
Some of the best crystals for creativity include orange calcite, carnelian, citrine, and tiger’s eye. As Angel Grotto mentions, most creativity crystals are orange, as this is the color of the Sacral Chakra – your center of creativity.
Here are five tips for using crystals to boost your creativity. I’ve also recommended a few more creative crystals throughout the article to help you make the right choice for your goals.
1. Understand Which Crystals Are Associated With Creativity
Every crystal has its own unique vibration and healing properties. Each gemstone is also linked to specific Chakras, which is why choosing the right stone for your intention is essential.
When boosting creativity, the Sacral Chakra is the critical energy center that needs to be balanced and unblocked.
Orange crystals are most closely linked to the Sacral Chakra, which is why stones such as orange calcite, tiger’s eye, citrine, and tangerine quartz are amongst the best for boosting creative talents.
Blue gemstones can also help with creativity, as they are closely associated with the Throat Chakra. The Throat Chakra is linked with communication and honesty, so clearing this energy center is essential for accessing creative ideas. Lapis lazuli and blue apatite are examples of blue stones for creativity, although there are many more.
2. Meditate With Creativity Gemstones
You can’t force yourself to be creative. Instead, the best way to overcome a creative blockage is to clear any negativity holding you back, then allow your subconscious to create new connections.
You can clear creative blockages with standard meditation, but meditating with crystals is even more powerful. Hold the crystals during your meditation and maintain a focus on your desired outcome throughout the practice.
Don’t expect results immediately after meditating. It can often take time for creative ideas to move from the subconscious to the conscious mind. In fact, new ideas often appear at the most unlikely moments!
3. Place Creativity Crystals In Your Workspace
One of the easiest ways to benefit from creative crystals is to place them where you practice or work. This ensures you’ll always be inside the stone’s energy field when you’re trying to be creative.
For example, if you’re a graphic designer, then placing a creativity crystal next to your computer could help overcome creative blocks. For painters, a few orange crystals next to your easel could boost your skills.
Crystals that are permanently kept in your workspace can also be larger than those you carry with you, which helps to create a beautiful and peaceful environment. Creating a workspace with an inspiring décor is essential for creativity.
4. Use Crystals To Take Creative Risks
True creativity isn’t just about coming up with inspiration. You also need the confidence and courage to show your ideas to the world. This is always a risk, as you can never be sure how other people will react.
Crystals can help with this. Use courage-boosting crystals, such as septarian, spirit quartz, and amazonite, to ensure you always have the confidence to follow through with your concepts.
5. Use Gemstones to Boost Your Energy Levels
Feeling creative is almost impossible if you’re tired or lethargic. The good news is that you can use crystals to quickly boost your energy, making it much easier to come up with creative insight.
Some of the best crystals for energy include:
- Ruby. Ruby helps to maintain your focus on a specific project. If you have a long-term creative challenge, ruby could be a helpful crystal to have in your collection.
- Blue Apatite. This crystal motivates you to achieve your goals. If you’re struggling to find time to be creative, use blue apatite to remind you to prioritize your creativity.
- Orange Calcite. If you need a quick energy boost, keeping orange calcite nearby is a good idea. This is a positive gemstone that amplifies your natural energy.
- Carnelian. Carnelian is a beautiful gemstone that’s associated with both creativity and energy. If you’re struggling to stay motivated with a creative project, then it’s one of the best healing crystals to use.
Of course, it’s essential to take care of your health too. The right amount of sleep, daily exercise, and a nutritious diet can all improve your energy levels.
It’s also important to understand the difference between a lack of motivation and burn-out. If you’ve been overworking, or just feel unable to focus on a project, then it’s probably time for a break to recharge.
Other Tips for Using Creativity Crystals
There are many other ways to use crystals to improve your creativity. A few examples include:
- Put crystals for creativity under your pillow at night. Doing so will bring more creativity to your dreams.
- Wear crystals in jewelry so that you benefit from their healing properties wherever you go.
- Place orange crystals over your Sacral Chakra, as this encourages creativity and clears energetic blockages.
- Crystal grids are a powerful way to enhance the energy of your healing crystals. You can place a crystal grid around you when meditating.
- Many people enjoy drinking crystal elixirs. It’s important to be careful when making an elixir though, as not all crystals are suitable for direct contact with water.
It’s also important not to force creative thoughts. Instead, use creative crystals to balance your Chakras, then allow new ideas to appear in time.
Everyone can suffer from creative blocks. Crystal healing is a wonderful way to unblock the Sacral Chakra, which helps you access your creativity and develop new ideas.
Some of the best crystals for creativity include carnelian, orange calcite, and tangerine quartz. These are all orange gemstones, so they link with the Sacral Chakra.
Crystals can also reignite your passion for an existing project. If you’ve been working on a creative idea for a long time and are starting to feel burned out, then crystal healing can give you a new perspective.