Many students can testify that they read a book and could not understand or grasp the concept. There are different reasons why such a thing can happen. The secret is to read what you can comprehend, avoid reading what is about your level of understanding. There are resources, which can help in understanding the topic. Look for a difficult book, notepaper, sticky notes, a pencil, and a quiet room. Homework doer is a reliable external source, which will help with your assignments at a minimal cost. You can get experts to do your homework and deliver quality work on time.
When you read an entire chapter, and you do not understand, make sure you follow the below-listed tips.
- You can start by reading the introduction and reflect on it. This part helps by giving the main points about the literature. Please read it first, stop, think, and then understand. The reason is that not all topics are creating the same way; all writers will have a specific and point of view. You will need to understand the theme, and it will help in knowing what you are reading.
- Look for the sub-heading. Many of the books will progress in different forms; they can be in progression or idea evolution. What you need to do is find a book that has a pattern you understand. Many writers will start the writing process using an outline; the subheading will help to know how the author organized their thoughts. The subtitle came as a segment breakdown and arranged logically.
- The summary helps with reflection, after reading the introduction and subheading go to the last part and read the summary. This part will state the points noted in the introduction. It is a difficult book if the points are not clear. With the repeatition of the main points, it will offer a deeper meaning of the book and a different standpoint. At this point, you will be able to understand the author’s perspective and recognize their story.
- At this point, start taking notes. As you read, make a brief outline, such as underlining all the points with a pencil. Look for codes or list on what is coming. Ensure you always look for words that you do not understand and do not be in a hurry to understand them. Do not be in a hurry, stop and look for words, which you do not understand. Avoid guessing the word, but look it up.
- When you get to the end of a chapter or book, try to go back and review the essential points, words, and lists. It is vital to keep on repeating, and it helps in retaining information. Always review the introduction and summary; you will be surprised to have absorbed more than you expected.
- The rule of thumb is that you should not be hard on yourself. If something is hard for you, it is probably hard for the other students. Avoid reading in a noisy place, especially when struggling with difficult reading. Look for other people reading the same materials and exchange ideas or notes. If you are a student, spare some time, join a homework forum or group, and get advice from the others. Do not give up.
Always remember that before you start reading, you can ask questions. Look for the basic ideas and make some questions out of that scenario. The questions will build a foundation and help us understand better. When you start reading, make sure you take breaks and ask questions. When you ask questions, it will help to evaluate what the writer meant hence better understanding.