If you’re shopping for an avid reader, don’t get overwhelmed with the plethora of fiction options out there. While it can be hard to decide if someone would appreciate a contemporary romance over a high fantasy, almost everyone enjoys reading books about spirituality and positive thinking.
With so many self-help and personal development books out there, it’s hard to narrow it down to a few favorites. However, these six books range from religious to spiritual, and following a religion isn’t a requirement for receiving the message these books have to offer.
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel. Written in 1997, The Four Agreements is a book that has helped millions of people reevaluate their lives. This book has been endorsed by Oprah Winfrey twice and has been on the New York Times Bestseller list for more than a decade. The premise is simple. There are four agreements to help you overcome self-limiting beliefs.
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. This self-help book focuses on conscious, positive thought using affirmations and visualizations. The author offers ten rules for overcoming negative thoughts and practicing the Christian faith, and his work promotes a sense of calm and understanding.
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. This book has been adapted from BBC radio talks done in the early 1940s. C.S. Lewis seeks to avoid the controversies in Christianity and focuses on the fundamental teachings, making it accessible to the general public. He defends the Christian faith based on morality, something that made him change from an atheist to a Christian.
- The Only Astrology Book You’ll Ever Need by Joanna Martine Woolfolk. This book takes you through all the basics of astrology from explaining not only your sun sign, but your moon sign, your rising sign, and all the other houses as well. If the gift recipient is interested in delving into astrology, this book is educational, fun, and easy to use. The title doesn’t lie! It’s truly the only astrology book anyone will ever need.
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. This book, now turned Netflix series, teaches people how to clear out their space in a non-Christian but still spiritual way. Marie Kondo believes all items have an essence and requires people to thank their clothes and belongings for their service before parting with them. She offers a very peaceful method of decluttering.
- The Complete Book of Numerology by David A. Phillips. If the person on your gift-giving list is drawn to numbers, then this could be the perfect addition to their bookshelves. This book delves into the underlying meaning of numbers that consistently appear in someone’s life and can help make sense of numerological patterns, leading to a life of abundance, health, and overall well-being.
These books are available at almost any bookstore or as an e-book online, but if you’re down to the wire, these may not be the best option for you.
If you need to send a gift at the last minute, opting for something that offers same-day delivery will be better. Gifts such as flowers or themed gift baskets can be delivered the same day if ordered early enough or delivered overnight otherwise.
You can even send a gift instantly online if you’re really in a pinch. Digital gifts, which are gifts sent electronically by email, can be experiences, online courses, concert tickets, or even spa treatment e-gift cards. And you can still purchase the spiritual book for the recipient, but instead of worrying about sending it for the upcoming holiday, surprise them with it the next time you see them!