The prayer for healing with an egg is commonly known as “La Oración del Huevo” or “La Oración de Sanación con el Huevo.” This ancient ritual is deeply rooted in Hispanic culture and has been practiced for generations as a means to cleanse the body, mind, and spirit.
Even though this prayer may not be familiar in English-speaking nations, its popularity is growing as more and more people find it to be effective. Whether you want to heal a broken heart, clear your thoughts, or rid yourself of negative energies, give this prayer a try.
How To Perform The Prayer
The first step in performing this prayer is to find a fresh, raw egg. Please note that the egg is not meant to be consumed but rather used as a tool in the healing process. Once you have the egg, you can proceed with the following steps:
- Find a peaceful and quiet space where you can focus your energy. This can be a room in your home, a bed, or any other place where you feel comfortable.
- Hold the egg in your hands and close your eyes. Take a series of deep, calming breaths to clear your mind.
- Start the prayer by expressing your intentions for healing. You can say something like: “Con esta oración, pido sanación para mi cuerpo, mente y espíritu” (With this prayer, I ask for healing for my body, mind, and spirit).
Below, you will find a whole prayer in both English and Spanish.
- Gently move the egg around your body from head to toe. This is done with a sweeping motion, as if you are brushing away any negative energy or illness that may be present. While doing this, you can silently repeat affirmations or prayers for healing.
- Once you have completed the sweeping motion, take a moment to reflect on any sensations or emotions that arise. It is not uncommon to feel a sense of release or lightness during this process.
- Afterward, as a final step, you have to dispose of the egg in a respectful manner. Some people choose to bury it in the earth, while others prefer to break it into a glass of water and discard it outside.
Prayer In Spanish
En el nombre del Padre, del Hijo y del Espíritu Santo, te pido, Señor, que bendigas este huevo como símbolo de sanación y renovación.
Que la pureza y la fuerza de este huevo sean canalizadas hacia [nombre de la persona], para que todo mal, enfermedad o malestar se aparte de su cuerpo y alma.
Te pedimos, Señor, que restaures la salud y la vitalidad de [nombre de la persona], que le devuelvas la energía y la alegría de vivir.
Que este huevo absorba y disperse cualquier negatividad o dolencia presente en su ser. Que al romperse, libere toda carga negativa y permita la entrada de luz y bienestar.
Te agradecemos, Señor, por tu amor y misericordia. Confiamos en tu poder sanador y en tu gracia para traer la salud a [nombre de la persona].
Prayer In English
In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, I ask you, Lord, to bless this egg as a symbol of healing and renewal.
May the purity and strength of this egg be channeled to [person’s name], so that all evil, sickness or disease may depart from her body and soul.
We ask you, Lord, to restore [person’s name]’s health and vitality, to give him/her back the energy and joy of life.
May this egg absorb and disperse any negativity or ailments present in his being. When it breaks, may it release all negative charge and allow the entrance of light and well being.
We thank you, Lord, for your love and mercy. We trust in your healing power and grace to bring health to [person’s name].
- This prayer does not have to be performed every day. You can perform it once every month or as needed.
- It doesn’t matter in which language you say the prayer, be it English or Spanish.
- The eggs you use for prayer must be fresh and not spoiled.