You thought you had finally found your twin flame. That one soul with whom you share an eternal connection in this lifetime and beyond. The relationship started off intensely and passionately, as twin flame relationships often do. You felt seen and understood in a way you never had before.
But then things started to shift. Communication became less frequent. Plans were broken or canceled last minute. You started to feel confused and unsure about where you stood or if your twin flame still felt the same connection. The hot and cold behavior left you feeling emotionally unbalanced and insecure.
You began to wonder if you were being breadcrumbed – strung along with just enough intermittent reinforcement to keep you hoping and waiting for them to come back around. The pain of being breadcrumbed by your twin flame, that one person who you thought was your eternal partner, cuts especially deep. You’re left questioning whether the connection you felt so strongly was even real or if it was all in your head.
What Is Twin Flame Breadcrumbing?
Twin flame breadcrumbing occurs when your twin flame pops in and out of your life sporadically, like leaving a trail of breadcrumbs. They make contact, get your hopes up, then disappear again. It leaves you confused, hurt and longing for closure.
Why Does It Happen?
There are a few reasons why twin flames breadcrumb:
- Fear of intimacy. The connection with their twin is so intense it scares them. So they run away, only to come back when they miss you.
- Ego. Some twins let their ego get in the way, not wanting to fully commit to the relationship or do the inner work required. It’s easier just to breadcrumb.
- Avoiding pain. By keeping you at arm’s length, they think they can avoid the painful purification process of the twin flame journey. But breadcrumbing only makes things messier and more painful in the long run.
- Fear of abandonment. Twin flames have an innate sense that they are meant to be together, so the thought of losing that person is devastating. Breadcrumbing gives just enough reassurance that the connection still exists without requiring real commitment.
- Testing your dedication. Sadly, some twins breadcrumb to see how dedicated you are to the connection, perhaps due to their own insecurities and trust issues. But true twin flames don’t play hurtful games.
- Attachment issues. Many twin flames struggle with unhealthy attachment styles like avoidance or anxiety. Breadcrumbing allows them to keep one foot out the door to avoid becoming too attached or being trapped in codependence.
Finding Closure After Twin Flame Breadcrumbing
Moving on from a twin flame who just wasn’t ready can be really tough. It’s easy to get stuck waiting for them or wondering “what if.” But for your own happiness and peace of mind, you have to close that chapter. Here are a few things that might help bring you closure:
Accept What Happened
Accept that you were breadcrumbed by your twin flame. As painful as it is, avoiding the truth will only make things worse in the long run. Come to terms with the fact that they weren’t able to meet you halfway and give you what you needed.
Don’t Dwell On The Past
While it’s important to accept what happened, try not to dwell on the past. Going over the relationship again and again in your mind will only make you feel stuck and prevent you from moving on.
Things like meditation, yoga, or journaling can help shift your focus away from what happened and more onto the present moment. Just breathing and being aware of how you feel in your body without judgment can work wonders. And writing down your thoughts is a great way to process them and let them go.
Learn The Lessons
Every painful experience teaches us something. When someone breadcrumbs you and leaves you hanging like that, as much as it hurts, try to find the gift in it. What did it teach you? Maybe it helped you realize your own worth so you won’t accept less than you deserve next time. Or maybe you learned the importance of laying down ground rules from the get-go.
We’ve all been there – you think they’re into you, and then they’re not, and you’re left going, “What did I do to them?” But now you’ll know what to look out for with those mixed signals people send. It’s all part of the learning process. The more lessons we take from these situations, the better we’ll be at avoiding people who just aren’t good for us. Every experience makes us wiser if we’re willing to learn.
Take Care of Yourself
Make self-care a top priority right now. Make sure you’re doing things that help you feel good. Go for a walk, do some yoga in your living room, and cook up something delicious and nutritious. Reach out to people who make you smile – give a friend a call or FaceTime your parents for a bit. Taking care of your body and soul will do wonders for your self-esteem. You’ll feel stronger and happier, which will make moving forward so much easier.
Forgive Yourself And Your Twin
Forgiving yourself and your twin flame is key to finding closure. Forgive yourself for any mistakes you think you made, and forgive them for being unable to meet your needs. Forgiveness is for you, not them, and will help you move on in peace.
You Deserve So Much More
So there you have it. Twin flame breadcrumbing is a real thing that happens, and now you know why. The intensity of the connection makes it hard to let go completely. But you deserve so much more than breadcrumbs. You deserve the whole loaf – a healthy, balanced, loving relationship where you feel cherished and cared for.
The closure you’re seeking won’t come from the breadcrumber – it has to come from within you. Take back your power. Honor the connection for what it was, learn the lessons, then shift your focus inward. Do the healing work. Reclaim your energy and power. Open your heart to new love when you’re ready. Your true twin flame is out there!