Pinterest is a social media platform based in the United States and helps people save images and discover ideas on the internet through the use of images, videos, and animated GIFs. These are created in the form of a pinboard. This social media platform has more than 400 million users as of August 2020. Are there any benefits that people or companies and businesses get by having Pinterest accounts? How does this social media platform help businesses improve their margins or their reach? These are good questions one should ask before they open such an account for their business.
Well, there are many benefits one can get through a Pinterest account. Visit pingrowth.com to learn more. There are advantages of having a Pinterest account as an individual or as a business.
Here are such advantages of Pinterest for business:
1. You can attract a high number of female clients in the United States. When compared to the other social media platforms, Pinterest has the biggest skew of women who have accounts with the platform. As such, for businesses that want to target more of the women clientele, Pinterest is the right place to be.
2. It is easier to engage with Pinterest users as compared to the other social media platforms. Most Pinterest users are interested in sharing their dream interests, products and aspirations. Over 70% of Pinterest users are engaged with other users and take actions such as clicking through or sharing images. This augers well with business owners who want more exposure.
3. You can build traffic and visual links. One of the good things about Pinterest is the fact that the images are linked to their source. You can therefore build suitable links to your website through the images. It is also true that marketing through images such as those on Pinterest is one of the best ways to get more clients.
4. With Pinterest images, it is easy for businesses to inspire purchases as opposed to the other social media platforms.
Having said the above, what are some of the ways that businesses and people can increase their followers on this social media platform? As we all know, sometimes marketing relies on the number of followers or fans that a social media page has. The same can be said of Pinterest and therefore, businesses that want to leave a mark have to look for more fans.
Here are real ways you can get more followers on Pinterest:
1. Know who uses Pinterest
This is a very important factor that you should consider when you want to improve your numbers on Pinterest. In this regard, you need to know the statistics of Pinterest users so that you can craft appropriate content for your target audience. There are 70% of women who use Pinterest. Of these women, Pinterest reaches 83% of them; who are 25 to 54 years of age. Millennials are some of the most active demographic groups on Pinterest. You will also want to know that around 50% of Pinterest users live in the United States of America.
2. Engage with what’s popular
For you to get more views and subsequently more followers, you need to engage with the popular content. Get to know what is trending on Pinterest and see how you can apply such ideas for your benefit. This can increase your exposure to the platform. You should re-pin some of the compelling content to your boards. However, be careful not to overdo this. Ensure the content is not flagged as spam. When you use the popular content on your boards, it should for sure increase your interactions and finally get more followers.
3. Join relevant group boards
This is another method of popularizing your account. What are the top boards in your company’s category? You can join the boards that are popular if it is possible. You can also contact the administrator of the board by email and have them allow you to join the group. This way, your account becomes exposed in the process and you can therefore get more followers.
4. Post fresh and original content
Just like any other social media platform, your Pinterest account should be updated with fresh content all the time. It should also be original. Remember that many pinners are looking for inspiration, products, and new ideas from the site. You should use content that inspires people and makes them want to come for more. Avoid usage of stock photos or cliches. Fresh and original content will get you more followers.
5. Use beautiful visuals
The kind of visual content that you use on your Pinterest account determines how many people visit your board. The best pins should have three things in common. These are, beauty, actionability, and interesting. You should make sure the images are eye-catching. Remember that these social media platforms are mostly about images. In this regard, consider the following factors:
- Use high-quality images with high resolution.
- Lifestyle images are more encouraged. They are more alluring.
- Don’t use images that are too busy.
- Avoid too long images. Use a 2:3 aspect ratio.
- Vertically oriented photos are to be encouraged.
- Use short videos. They stand out among the images.
6. Use detailed descriptions
Though your beautiful images may capture attention, a description of the same is important. Use a simulating caption. Detailed descriptions make your users take a deep interest in your content. Make the descriptions interesting.
7. Add relevant hashtags and keywords
Pinterest being a social media platform, ensure that your content is discoverable. Add relevant keywords and hashtags to make sure it is optimized for the search engines. Your descriptions should be rich with keywords so that they can be discoverable through searches. You can use guided search to help you come up with the relevant searches and keywords. Use Pinterest’s search bar to search for keywords and consider the suggestions that come on the search bar results.
In conclusion, Pinterest is one interesting social media platform that can boost your business if you do the right things. When you do the above-suggested things, your account should attract relevant visitors, and, in the end, you should get more followers.