If you’re looking for some inspiration to uplift your spirits, these positive words starting with N may come in handy! You can use them to describe someone positively, to encourage yourself, or when playing Scrabble.
Among the most common positive words starting with N is nourishing, numerous, nice, natural, new, necessity, nutritious, nifty, noetic, or noblesse. But there are hundreds of more positive and inspiring words starting with this beautiful initial letter. Here’s the list, along with unusual and beautiful N words and their meanings.
Interesting fact: Did you know that the letter N appears in many popular phrases and idioms, such as “no pain, no gain” or “never say never“?
List of Positive N Words
Interesting fact: Did you know that in mathematics, N is often used as a variable to represent an unknown number?
Unusual And Beautiful N Words
Language is a beautiful thing, and the English language is full of unique and beautiful words with N as an initial letter. Here are some of the most beautiful and unusual words you’ve probably never heard of.
- Nefelibata – A Portuguese word that means “cloud walker” or someone who lives in the clouds of their own imagination. I love this word!
- Nyctophilia – Love of darkness.
- Noetic – Relating to the intellect or the mind.
- Nacreous – Having a pearly or iridescent quality.
- Nefertiti – Nefertiti was the Egyptian queen. In today’s world, the word, rather name Nefertiti, represents beauty.
- Nemophilist – One who loves the forest and being in the forest.
- Nostalgia – A bittersweet feeling of longing for the past.
- Nirvana – A state of perfect happiness or enlightenment.
- Novaturient – A strong desire for powerful change in one’s life or behavior.
- Natsukashii – A Japanese word that means an appreciation of the good times that took place in the past.
An example of a sentence with all words starting with N: Nina’s new neighbor named Ned never neglects noisy nephews’ numerous needs.
Positive T Words To Describe Someone
Would you like to describe someone positively or tell them which of their qualities you value most? These words (mostly adjectives) can be useful to describe a person.
- Noble – A noble person has admirable qualities such as honor, integrity, and courage.
- Nurturing – Someone who is nurturing is caring and supportive, often putting the needs of others before their own.
- Nice – This word might seem simple, but it’s a powerful way to describe someone or something who is kind, pleasant, and considerate.
- Natural – A natural person is someone who is authentic and genuine, without any pretense or artificiality.
- Non-judgemental – Non-judgemental person is open-minded and accepting of others without making harsh or critical judgments.
- Notable – A notable person is someone who is significant or important, often because of their achievements or contributions.
- Neat – When someone is neat, they are tidy, organized, and take pride in their appearance and surroundings.
- Noble-minded – Similar to noble, this word describes someone who has a positive and honorable mindset, often striving for the greater good.
- Nifty – A nifty person is someone who is clever, skillful, or talented in a particular area.
- Nutty – While this word may seem like a negative description at first glance, it can also be used to describe someone who is quirky, eccentric, or fun-loving.
- Nutritious – Although this word is typically used to describe food, you can also use it as an apt descriptor for a person who brings positivity and nourishment to those around you.
All Positive Words From A to Z
The English language is rich in positive words, so if you’d like to learn about other words, click on any initial letter below.
|A words||B words||C words||D words||E words|
|F words||G words||H words||I words||J words|
|K words||L words||M words||N words||O words|
|P words||Q words||R words||S words||T words|
|U words||V words||W words||Y words||Z words|