Do you have zillion or zero things to do? Are you more of a zen person? You see, the English language is rich in positive words, no matter their initial letter, although it is true that the letter Z is not as common as, for example, A, S, or M.
Below you will find cool, encouraging, and inspiring Z words, adjectives, and verbs that can be used in everyday life to describe a person, a thing, an emotion, or anything else with their definitions and use in a sentence.
Some of the most common positive words starting with Z include zen, zazzy, zenith, zealous, zingy, zeitgeist, or zoetic. But there are still over seventy more words. Are you ready to explore all of them?
List of Positive Words Starting With Z
Interesting fact: Have you ever wondered if it is possible to make one sentence in which all the words start with Z? Here is an example: “Zany zebras zigzagged zealously zoo’s zoological zone.”
Positive Z Words To Describe Someone
Here are some Z words you can use to describe a person positively.
- Zealous – A zealous individual is passionate and enthusiastic about something. Generally, they have a lot of energy and dedication toward a particular goal or interest.
- Zesty – A zesty person is someone who is full of life, energy, and excitement. This word is perfect for describing someone who is always up for trying new things and has a contagious, positive attitude.
- Zippy – Someone who is full of energy and moves quickly can be described as zippy. This word is great for describing someone who is always on the go and has a lively, upbeat personality.
- Zoetic – A person who has a zest for life and enjoys living in the moment can be described as zoetic. A zoetic person has a positive outlook on life and enjoys making the most of every day.
- Zestuous – This word combines the meanings of zestful and sensual to describe someone who has a strong passion for life and an appreciation for beauty.
Unusual & Beautiful Z Words
- Ziba – A word of Persian origin that means beautiful or gorgeous.
- Zenith – The highest point or peak, often used to describe the highest point of something, such as a career or a mountain.
- Zeitgeist – The spirit or mood of a particular period in history, often used to describe the dominant ideas or beliefs of a particular era.
- Zephyr – A gentle breeze, often associated with springtime and the renewal of life.
- Zany – Someone who is eccentric or unconventional in their behavior, such as actors, comedians, or performers.
- Ziggurat – An ancient Mesopotamian temple that was built in the shape of a stepped pyramid, often used to describe any large, monumental structure.
- Zest – A great enthusiasm and energy for something, often used to describe a person’s passion for life, hobby, travel, etc.
Meaning & Use In A Sentence
Below you will find the meanings and uses in a sentence of all positive words from the table above.
Meaning: If something is zesty, it has a strong and appealing aroma and is full of flavor.
Use in a sentence: The food was bursting with flavor, making it very zesty.
Meaning: A very strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement about something.
Use in a sentence: I am very zealous about my goals.
Meaning: A magnifying effect that makes something appear larger.
Use in a sentence: I zoomed in on the photo to see more clearly.
Meaning: To do something very swiftly or erase someone or something from existence with magical powers.
Use in a sentence: Zap your brain with positive thoughts. I zapped the fly with my hand.
Meaning: Yiddish word that means big, fat, or rounded. It is usually used to describe women.
Use in a sentence: She has zaftig arms. I like zaftig women.
Meaning: A slang word for a huge number. It can be used as an adjective or a noun.
Use in a sentence: I have a zillion books, but I still need more. I have a zillion things to do today.
Meaning: Lively, refreshing, or full of energy.
Use in a sentence: I felt zingy after drinking a fresh juice.
Meaning: A piece of clothing or anything without a zip.
Use in a sentence: I only wear zipless hoodies.
Meaning: The zodiac is a system of significant constellations in astrology.
Use in a sentence: My zodiac sign is Pisces. What’s your zodiac?
Meaning: Something that is extremely weird, strange, or ridiculous, or a person who is bizarre, odd, or crazy.
Use in a sentence: I think your stories are zanier than mine. I don’t understand anything you’re saying; it’s all pretty zanier.’
Meaning: A slang term meaning fun or enjoyable.
Use in a sentence: These nachos are zappy. This party was zappy.
Meaning: Being very mindful, aware, and present in the moment.
Use in a sentence: The landscape was so zenful. This music is so zenful, I feel like I am flying.
Meaning: A light wind or a gentle breeze.
Use in a sentence: I want to be carried away by the zephyr.
Meaning: The highest point that something can reach or the most successful or important period of someone’s life.
Use in a sentence: The company was at the zenith of its success. Your new product is at the zenith of its success.
Meaning: A strip of land at the side of a river or loch.
Use in a sentence: I’m off to the zawn for a picnic with my family.
Meaning: For me personally, zen is the art of living in the present moment with complete awareness, free of any judgment or analysis.
Use in a sentence: No matter what, I stay zen! I feel zen after meditating.
Meaning: Something or someone that is unique, remarkable, or outstanding.
Use in a sentence: Her outfit was so zazzy. The restaurant was so zazzy that I wanted to stay there forever.
Meaning: Something flashy and attention-grabbing despite being aesthetically displeasing.
Use in a sentence: Her jacket was too zooty.
Meaning: A type of embroidery that is made using gold or silver thread and beads on stitching fabric or dresses, popular in South Asia and across the Middle East.
Use in a sentence: I love her wedding zardozi embroidery.
Meaning: Someone who is extremely and uncompromisingly dedicated to a cause, philosophy, or person.
Use in a sentence: She was a zealot for the environment. He was a zealot for fitness.
Meaning: An old-fashioned word for an exclamation of surprise or delight.
Use in a sentence: You’re so zowie!
Meaning: A synonym for enthusiasm.
Use in a sentence: The zealed team members were excited to work on their project.
Meaning: An effective and witty remark that is likely to produce a strong emotional response.
Use in a sentence: His zingers give me an anxiety attack!
Meaning: A heavenly place where God’s people can feel safe and protected or the place where God lives. In daily use, it can be described as a state of ultimate peace and perfection.
Use in a sentence: I am zion since I became more spiritual.
These were positive words starting with the letter Z. The letter Z is very unusual in English as an initial letter, so I’m afraid there are no more Z words that are positive. If I come across any, I’ll add them to this list.
A List of All Positive Words
|A words||B words||C words||D words||E words|
|F words||G words||H words||I words||J words|
|K words||L words||M words||N words||O words|
|P words||Q words||R words||S words||T words|
|U words||V words||W words||Y words||Z words|